Wednesday, January 21, 2009

UPDATE

i think i've spent over 2 days trying to update my photo website. i had no clue about CSS and HTML and i think i'm still clueless. the website does look a lot different but i'm hoping everyone will be able to navigate through it farely easy.

i just recently bought a new tripod, actually, my first tripod. LOL. as you may all know i have the nikon d300 with the 17-55 f/2.8, vertical grip set-up. it's quite heavy and so i definitely needed to buy a tripod that would be able to handle all that weight. i did try dee's tripod ($30 from target) and i broke it after 1 day. LOL. that's how heavy my rig is. so i ended up buying the Manfrotto 055XB legs with the 322RC2 head. this set me back a several hundred buckaroos but it's definitely worth it. really wanted to buy the carbon fiber set-up but that would mean double the price! NO WAY!!! it's a bit heavy but i'll survive.

next purchase? nikon SB-900. i really wanted to buy the SB-800, but just recently found out that model got discontinued and i totally missed the best buy SALE. ain't that a B**ch. it's all good the SB-900 is down to $400 from it's original price of $500. it's still a lot of money but i'm pretty sure if i buy this one i won't have to upgrade anymore (hahaha-i always say that-NOT GOOD). anyway, i'm hoping it'll further go down in price before i purchase it.

on another note...it's less than 6 months away from the "big day". i'm a bit nervous. not in a bad way. i'm just praying we get everything done in time and don't kill each other in the process. dee and I have gotten into it a couple of times and i'm pretty sure it's because of me. SORRY babe!!! i'm really trying!

well i'm getting pretty tired. will update more soon.

4 comments:

angfoo said...

Damn dood, exactly how heavy is your setup? Like 10-15 pounds?

Rowena & Derrick said...

Actually, his setup IS at least 15 pounds. Have you had that setup in your hands? I have. And I've stroked it, etc. You know what I mean?

haha....

angfoo said...

Derrick the first thing I've heard from you in months has to be homo-erotic.

That is excellent.

DAV said...

YES I AGREE!