Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Philippines 2008

Ever since last year, Dianne has been encouraging me to go along with her and her family to the PI this year. I've been approved for vacation at work and things were all good. I really want to go and I've even asked my parents if they would like to go back home. Both my mom and dad agreed, but I'm still hesitant. And the main reason...WEDDING '09. Not saying this is a bad thing, but getting engaged really changed a lot of things. PRIORITIES, I guess is the main concern. You know it's really hard to save for a wedding!!!! Freaking aye. There's so much that I want to do as a single person, but I get so stressed out sometimes cause I really want to be able to have an awesome wedding with Dee! It's funny, cause this wedding stuff is freaking so weird and foreign to me. Dee talks about all this stuff and I just nod my head, not because I don't want to talk about it, but because I have no clue as to what or how I should respond. I guess it's the same way when I talk to Dee or others about nursing or cycling. So back to my main point. Philippines 2008. YES OR NO? I think I should really pray about this and determine what my priorities are.

PEAS

4 comments:

Rowena & Derrick said...

Yo bro! As much as I know you want to save up for your wedding in ’09, I would still vote for yes for you to go to the Philippines. Reasons include that everyone very close to you will be there with you (namely Dee and your parents), opportunities to visit the Philippines are hard to come by (because of the work life here in the States, I wish I could go back to the PI), you will get to spend time with your fam in the PI and meet all of dee’s fam up over there, this will be a little break from the hardships and stress of nursing, and when you are married it might be even harder to go to the Philippines (because saving money for house, a family, etc). I say take this opportunity and go for it! That’s my 2 cents (Why is it 2 cents? Why cant it be 7 cents or something?).

DAV said...

LOL...thanks bro. I think I needed something like that! Really appreciate it and keeping it real.

kathleen said...

get married in the phillipines?!

we will all go?!?!

omg just kidding

DAV said...

actually thought about that, kathy...haha. it would be pretty crazy to have it there though.