Tuesday, March 31, 2009

update

Had a wonderful time in so cal this past weekend. It was my mom's 65th bday. Didn't have an extravagant celebration, but was a nice one with the family!


I miss being with my family. So much that I tend to not put in as much effort to spend more time with the close friends. For that I am extremely sorry. Charles is getting so big and I get a little sad that I'm not there to see him grow up. He's at the stage now in his childhood that the entire family goes goo-goo-gaga over everything. I know I do. He is soo entertaining. He's talking a lot more and it doesn't take very long for him to warm up to you. My mom and dad have been "training" him for the big day. He's going to be the ring boy so my parents are making sure he doesn't mess up. LOL. A lot of pressure for a 2.5 year old. He did give me a little preview for his grand entrance. Excited to see him in real time.

Dee finally got the chance to go back with me. On our way home we got to talking and we just realized that Dee hadn't been back to so cal in over 5 months! Man time flies by so fast now-a-days. We did get the chance to see some good ol' friends. Happy bday WING! It's always nice to see some old faces.

Back to the "flying time". Time has been zipping away especially with this whole wedding thing. Only less than 3 months left as a single person. It's all good. I'm ready for it and extremely excited, although I don't show Dee in the most "appropriate" ways. Sorry babe! I guess I'm finally learning a little more day by day how to appreciate the wedding process. Don't get me wrong because it's definitely one of the most stressful times of our lives. Dee can testify to that. I think I bring the stress to her daily life at times. haha. SORRY!
I've just recently realized that we (Dee and I) have been so blessed in these past several years. We attended USF together for grad school, got jobs pretty quickly, got engaged, bought a brand new house, and now getting ready to get married. WOW MOM WOW! It's a lot to soak in. There are even times I forgot that we have our own home! I guess we gotta keep ourselves in check and keep a constant reminder how blessed we are to have all these things happen at this point in our lives.

2 comments:

akhbar (my afghani name) said...

yo...what is happening my friend? hope all is well. just wanted to drop by and say wassup. hope the wedding planning is not making you...making dee stressed. hehehe. i'm still pretty pissed that i'm gonna miss you guys' wedding by a week. fak.

DAV said...

it's all good bro. we miss you by the way. are you all brown and dirty now? haha...go take a shower foo. will definitely be thinking about you at the wedding, but not in a gay way. peas